Designing blockchain based services
Please be aware that multiple presentations will take place during this session commencing at 07:45PM AEDT and share the same zoom link. Check how presentations are clustered in the program spreadsheet when adding the calendar.
Distributed Ledgers or Blockchain-based systems have the potential to provide enablers for the development of future services. By combining deep encryption, tamper-proof transparency and secure personal data to a wide variety of services, there are great opportunities for the development of new services.
In developing new service experiences that capitalise on the potential benefits of Blockchain, there are a number of key challenges. These include:
• Emerging opportunities for services provided by blockchain
• Blockchain as an Identity Enabler
• Public perceptions and confusion about blockchain
• Issues of privacy, mistrust of data storage and possible leakage
• Design methodologies for services to guide users through new blockchain automated and frictionless experiences
This short practice-based paper presents a case study and reflects on the learnings and experience of designing services utilising blockchain technology for digital identity. The paper identifies issues and problems and provides a comprehensive review of the benefits to establish a framework for designing services around distributed ledger blockchain based services.Download Event Paper